Recipe For More Happiness In Our Life!
When awareness rises and we realize how negative our thoughts can be, we start to wish it would be otherwise. Often, we might go to bed with some fear, apprehension or agitation and wake up in the morning still feeling tired and not wanting to get up for work, school or even for an activity we like. We can’t enjoy the morning because our mind is still full of negative thoughts and we apprehend the day. We already imagine it hard and full of obstacles.
We have the power to change our thoughts and start to appreciate what life offers.
Obviously, if we feed ourselves by watching TV and reading newspapers full of bad news every day or thinking how tough life is, it is hard to focus on what is good. But, in fact, there is good. We just need to switch our attention. We probably all realize how our mind can get easily programmed with habits and patterns and how it can be hard to change it. But with practice, it is doable and so enjoyable to see the positive impact on our daily life.
Gratitude is a big key for happiness. Just by changing our worries into love and thankfulness toward ourselves and others before going into bed, it will improve the quality of our sleep. By having a decent sleep, we can wake up feeling refreshed for another day. Feeling rested and peaceful, when slowly opening our eyes, helps us to have positive thoughts about the day ahead.
Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life!
By staying open-minded and aware, we can see how this day is full of possibilities. Anything can happen. Try to see life through the eyes of a child. We have probably all observed a child playing with their toys. They are not concerned about the future and not worried about anything that happened in the past, they are just fully enjoying the present moment. Often, we become so used to seeing those flowers on the side of the road or the immensity of the sky that we forget how amazing and incredible it is. Can we still see the prettiness of these flowers? And when we say “Hi” to our partner or colleagues, are we really considering them or do we take for granted that they will always be there? Being grateful and appreciating every little thing in our life makes us see things with new eyes.
See the miracle in every little thing!
Then, everything seems lighter. When we really see an event in our life as a gift, we can feel inspired to have more determination, more enthusiasm, more energy and even more alertness by practicing gratefulness. Even when life is not giving what we thought we needed, we see how life can open in some incredible way.
“The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything: they just
make the best of everything they have.”
Hug the sky!
1. Go outside and stand with your arms wide open, palms facing up to be in a position of receiving.
2. Say out loud: I am connected to the universe, I am connected to the planet, I am connected to the sky, to the sun, to the moon, to the trees, to the mountains, to the sea, to the animals, to the humans, to everything…
3. Take a moment, breathing and feeling this connection.
4. Continue with: Thanks to the universe! Thanks for this planet! Thanks to mother earth! Thanks to the sun! Thanks to the moon! Thanks to the trees! Thanks to the rivers! Thanks to the mountains! Thanks to animals! Thanks to humans! Thanks to everything!
5. Take a moment in silence, and feel this gratefulness in your body.
6. I am happy, extremely happy. I am healthy, extremely healthy. I am romantic, extremely romantic. I am lucky, extremely lucky!
7. Bring your hands in prayer and say: I am grateful for love, health, my family and friends. I am grateful for everything I have in my life.
8. Put your right hand on your heart and say: I am a divine soul, I am a happy soul, I am a peaceful soul. And smile!
“The creatures that inhabit this earth-be they human beings or animals-are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.”